We’re celebrating the opening of our funky new accommodation ‘The Ridge Quarters’ in a very Spring Bay Mill way – with art, music, great food and engaging Mill tours.
A glass of bubbles and a canapé on arrival (included in ticket). Lunch from our chef will also be available for purchase.
- Welcome and Smoking Ceremony with * NITA Education.
- Aromatic welcome to the Ridge – Quarters by Undersong Tasmania.
- Art Installation by Julia Drouhin.
- Smooth seductions from Saxophonist Oyinbra Enisuoh
- Environmentally responsible architecture with Ross Brewin of Gilby + Brewin Architecture.
- Regenerative landscape design with Spring Bay Mill head horticulturist Marcus Ragus.
Where a huge stockpile of woodchips covered the hill, we rejuvenated the soil and planted an extensive native garden to make way for the Ridge Quarters.
“The name both references the building’s location on the hill as well as a play on the typology a simple workers’ or shearers’ quarters, with common areas for cooking, eating and socialising,’ said architect Ross Brewin.
“Avoiding the generic nature of motels and hotels, they intentionally challenge the conventions of short-stay accommodation to frame a surprising and engaging experience of this unique post-industrial site.”
Saturday 9th October
- General Admission $20 + BF (kids under 12 $5). Includes glass of bubbles and canapé.
- Dinner at 6pm in the Banksia Room $50 + BF per person
* The bar will be open before dinner.