East Coast Tourism
East Coast Tourism (ECT) is the peak tourism body for the east coast of Tasmania. The ECT is responsible for the development and growth of the tourism industry in the region through industry leadership and development, product development, marketing, identifying infrastructure and investment opportunities, advocacy and tourism sustainability. The ECT is jointly funded by Tourism Tasmania and the Glamorgan Spring Bay and Break O’Day Councils.
Read about the board members here.
Contact and Mailing List
- PO Box 115, Bicheno, 7215
- 0429 038 120
- Please join our industry mailing list by contacting us here
- Read the 2015-2016 Annual Report here
2017 Great Eastern Drivers Award Winners
Great Eastern Drive Innovator of the Year
- Winner: Bay of Fires Bush Retreat
- Certificate of Merit: Bicheno Penguin Tours
New Great Eastern Driver of the Year
- Winner: The Farm Shed Wine Centre
- Certificate of Merit: Freycinet Adventures Aqua Taxi
- Certificate of Merit: Maria Island Grand Picnic – See Tasmania
Great Eastern Drive Community Initiative
- Winner: Spring Bay Studio and Gallery
- Certificate of Merit: Tasmanian Bushland Garden
Great Eastern Drive Product of the Year
- Winner: Freycinet Adventures
- Certificate of Merit: East Coast Cruises
- Certificate of Merit: Bay of Fires Bush Retreat
Great Eastern Drive Event of the Year
- Winner: Bay of Fires Winter Arts Festival
- Certificate of Merit: Bicheno Food and Wine Festival
Great Eastern Drive Volunteer of the Year
- Winner: Nic Wardlaw
The 2017 Great Eastern Driver
- Winner: Ian Johnstone
Image library for businesses
List your business on Book Easy
We encourage businesses to create a listing on Book Easy as a great way to move a potential customer to become customers all within the East Coast Tasmania website. Once you have created a listing and chosen the appropriate region, your property will be automatically listed on this website and will take bookings on your behalf.
- For more information please see the Book Easy website here.
- If you are already a Book Easy member and want to update your listing, please login here.
Online Marketing Opportunities
Over the past few years we’ve been investing and working strategically toward growing awareness and visitors to Tasmania’s East Coast. We have planned a number of targeted online and offline marketing campaigns and activities for the next 12 – 24 months.
Campaign Marketing Toolkit
You can read about the new marketing campaign and see how you can use this to grow your own business. Please read and download Marketing-Toolkit here
Industry Marketing Opportunity Prospectus
You can also download the Cooperative Marketing Opportunities here to see how you can make the most of these new opportunities to grow your business.
Great Eastern Drive Logo Pack
If you would like to use the Great Eastern Drive logo for promotional use, please download the Great Eastern Drive Logo Pack here.
Be China Ready
The last few years have seen a significant rise in the number of Chinese tourists visiting the east coast. Here’s a few ways to get your business China-ready. Download the China Ready Brochure here.
Destination Management Plan
Download the The East Coast Destination Management Plan here
Our Local Partners
We work closely with the East Coast Chambers of Commerce and Local Tourism Associations and encourage you to do the same. Contacts for these organisations are below.
- Triabunna/Orford Chamber of Commerce – Mick Fama email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Swansea Chamber of Commerce – Bob Moore email@example.com
- Bicheno Community Development Association – Michael Symons firstname.lastname@example.org
- St Helens Chamber of Commerce (Tourism Committee) Roz MacAllan email@example.com
- Freycinet Association Inc. – Peter Aulich firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greater Esk Tourism Inc. – Mary Knowles or Peter Troode email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org